Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hitting the Trails - New York Style

Thanksgiving weekend wasn't just an ordinary Thanksgiving weekend for me this year. This year I took my girl, Thetis, with me to New York with James & Nifty for some serious trail riding in Allegany County among the mountains.

The weather was incredible, the trails were amazing, the colours of the trees were breath taking, and the horses were super! We had a fabulous time with many hours in the saddle. The horses enjoyed themselves exploring the forest and going over some natural obstacles.

It was nice to get the horses doing some 'hard core' hill work - really giving them a good work out. Hills are a great way to build balance, fitness, and coordination. The horses certainly got their share!

More pictures are posted on facebook - find me at www.facebook.com/lfequestrian !

No comments:

Post a Comment